In order to strike a blow for Christ and have a good testimony, we need a right view of Christ. What is the view of Christ that believers need to strike a blow for Christ?
1) Firstly, believers need to see Christ as the "Rescuing Christ" - We are under the wrath of God, and Christ rescues us from this divine wrath. Modern day churches minimize this wrath or abolish it altogether, unlike the believers in Thessalonica who understood the fact that they needed "rescuing" from it.
2) Secondly, we need to see Christ as the "Regenerating Christ" - The believers of Thessalonica were once those who worshiped idols and graven images. But Christ came, impacted on their lives and "regenerated" them. - Titus 3:3-5 - 1 Thessalonians 1:9
3) Thirdly, we need to see Christ as "the Risen Christ" - When the Lord went to the tree, died, and rose again, He accomplished everything needed for our justification, and all we need for eternal life with Christ our Lord. - Hebrews 13:20
4) Fourthly, we need to see Christ as the "Representing Christ" - Christ is at the Father's right hand, representing us as our mediator.
5) Lastly, we need to see Christ as the "Returning Christ" - He will come again.
Rev. John Greer is pastor of the Ballymena Free Presbyterian Church and current Moderator of Presbytery in Northern Ireland. Born in County Antrim, Mr. Greer was minister of Sixmilecross Free Presbyterian Church, County Tyrone, before moving to the United States in 1983 to...