Martin Luther believed that just because you were
forgiven doesn't mean you can live as you please.
Just because we are not under the law does not mean
we should not govern our lives by it. This message
deals with 2 things regarding repentance:
1. Repentance is a radical repentance
When we repent, we turn from abominable sinful lives
to holy lives that please God. Repentance is not just
feeling sad about your sin. It includes sorrow, but
it leads from sorrow to the change.
- repentance is a change of mind
- repentance is a change of direction
2. Repentance is a perpetual practice
When we repent, we do not continue to live in sin.
Instead, we aim to please God in all that we do by
the help of the Holy Spirit.
- there is a hatred of sin
- there is a confession of sin
- there is a mortification of sin